Activating The Google Maps Plugin And Directory Plugin
The complete package of Sabai Directory consists of total 4 plugins and all of these need to be activated to enable all the featured needed for setting up your directory listing website.
To ensure that you Sabai Directory package is installed correctly, please follow the instructions given in the following article.
Activating The Google Maps Addon For Sabai
Before moving ahead please ensure that the complete Sabai Plugins package has been installed correctly.
WordPress Dashboard => Plugins
This is how the plugins should look like once all the 4 Sabai Plugins have been installed correctly.
1. Once all the 4 Sabai plugins have been installed correctly, navigate to Sabai Settings and ensure that the Google Maps Addon Has been installed correctly. Follow this path to navigate to the Sabai Settings:
WordPress Dashboard => Settings => Sabai
2. Once you are there on the settings page you would need to ensure that the Google Maps module have been activated. Please see the below screenshot to see how the Google Maps module Activation would look like:
Generating The API Key From Google Developer Console
The next step is to generate an API key from the Google Developer Console and enable the required API’s for the API key for all the Google Maps functionality to work properly.
1. Register for a Google Developer account on the following URL and you can use your existing Google ID to do so and there is no need for creating a new ID:
This is how your screen would look like once you have successfully logged into your Google Developer Console.
2. Once you are logged into your Google Developer Console, the first thing that you would need to do is to create a New Project. To create a new project please navigate to:
Select A Project => Creat New Project (The Plus Button As Highlighted In The Image Below)
3. Once you have created the project successfully you would need to select the project in order to get the access to the API key generated for that particular project. Navigate to Select A Project and select the project that you just created to navigate to the project console.
4. Once you have successfully navigated to the project you would need to click on the Library on the left sidebar. Once the library opens up, click on the following individual APIs and enable each one of them.
5. After activating all the 4 above API’s navigate to the Credentials page and copy the API Key from here and displayed on the below image.
Adding the API Key in the Sabai Settings
Since the API key has been generated successfully we would now need to insert the API key in the Sabai Google Maps Settings to get the Google Maps working for the directory.
1. Once in the WordPress Dashboard please again navigate to Google Maps Settings by following the below path and insert the API key that you copied from the Google Console and save the settings.
WordPress Dashboard => Settings => Sabai => Google Maps => Configure (Gear Icon)
Please Note: There is no need to create seperate API keys you can copy the same API key to both the fields and this should do the trick.
2. Finally, once you have inserted the API key and have saved the settings you need to clear the cache and run the cron to enable the new settings on your directory. See the top of the same settings page to and first clear the cache and followed by running the cron to refresh the settings.
See the below screenshot on how you can delete the cache and run cron.
That’s it the Google Maps and Geolocation should work now.